Following the Artificial Intelligence in the Media Arts, Industry and Academic Community forum, the Conseil québécois des arts médiatiques (CQAM) is launching a call for projects to the arts community!
Independent professional artists in media arts are invited to submit a project in development that exploits artificial intelligence and that they would like to improve with the help of experts from the industry. Proposals should specify the type of assistance that would help refine the project.
The artists whose projects are selected will be invited to make a short 10-minute presentation in front of a panel of industry specialists in artificial intelligence. This will be followed by a 10-minute presentation of the industrial partners.
Two 20-minutes meetings between artists and industrial partners will follow the presentations. For the first meeting, participants will be matched by the activity organizers according to the compatibility of their research axes. For the second meeting, participants will be free to determine with whom they are interested in having a discussion.
The event will be followed by a networking cocktail allowing all participants to share their practices and experiences in artificial intelligence.
Then, and at their discretion, the partner companies will offer support to the artists that may vary according to their interests and resources. Artists whose projects receive support from the companies will be invited to work on a prototype of their project and will receive a production fee.
The objective of this networking activity is to create a bridge between artists and companies and allow them to share additional expertise and advice for the realization of their project.
- Be a professional media artist;
- Have a project using artificial intelligence under development;
- Specify what type of assistance is needed;
- Submit only one project;
- Fill out the application file before the deadline;
- If selected, be available to present your project in person (10 minutes, with images if possible) in French or English.
- Project using or exploring the different technologies of artificial intelligence ;
- Quality of the artistic approach and previous projects;
- Ability of the artist to complete the project;
- Quality of the dossier.
The files can be written in French or in English. Applications can be individual or collective.
ONLY APPLICATION FILES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
In ONE PDF FILE (5 MB max.), provide the following information:
1. Personal information
- Name(s) of the candidate(s)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Type (examples: video installation, virtual work, immersive and interactive work, etc.)
- Proposal (500 words max.)
- Artistic approach (500 words maximum)
- Help needed (500 words maximum)
3. Support material
- Images: 3 max.
- URL links to audio/video: up to 5 excerpts of a maximum of five minutes. Be sure to provide passwords if applicable.
- Descriptions of the visual/audio files: name, title, media, diffusion context, year.
Please send your application as A SINGLE PDF FILE (5 MB max.) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Heading:Proposal | Networking activity | IA
Submission deadline: Friday, March 20, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Please note that travel expenses are not covered.