This workshop aims to demystify taxes for artists and self-employed workers in the cultural field.
This training will be offered in French only
In this training, Philippe Beaulieu, CPA auditor, CA, will address several issues related to taxation for artists. At the end of this workshop, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the different administrative structures of an artist;
- Distinguish between the different legal forms for exercising the profession of artist;
- Enter the particularities of the tax status of artists and self-employed workers;
- Know the main deductible expenses;
- Be aware of the importance of books and records;
- Differentiate between a deduction and a tax credit;
- Know the deadlines for filing the tax return.
Date: Saturday, January 25, 2020
Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Oboro, 4001 Berri Street, Montreal
Registration period: Until 20 January 2020
A member of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec since 2004, Philippe Beaulieu (MBA, CPA auditor, CA) operates his own arts management firm offering administrative support and tax advice to artists and cultural workers. He also founded Vitrines sur la relève, a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of emerging artists.
This training receives financial support from Emploi Québec.
In collaboration with the Regroupement québécois de la danse (RQD).
For more information, contact us at 514 527-5116 or cqam.formations(a)gmail.com.